Discover how to make your content irresistible and optimise your pages like a pro
Table of Contents
Chapter #4: On-Site Optimisation
- optimising for images
- writing clickable Page Titles
- implementing an internal link strategy
- and so much more
A Quick Recap on Using Keywords in Your Content
- Are they full of images?
- Are they full of videos?
- Is the content long or short?
- Is the content in list form or paragraphs?
- Could you include quotes from industry experts?
- Could you film video content yourself?
- Could you write longer lists than the pages that rank?
- Could you include more up-to-date stats and data?
- Could you go more in-depth on a topic?
The Dangers of Creating Thin Content
- Wedding gowns
- Wedding dresses
- Bridal gowns
- Bridal dresses
The Dangers of Creating Duplicate Content
- Online counsellor in Auckland
- Online counsellor in Christchurch
- BackOnline counselling in Wellingtonlink
- Online counsellor in Dunedin
- Online counsellor in Queenstown
Will Duplicate Content Get Me in Trouble with Google?
The Dangers of Auto-Generated Content
The Dangers of Cloaking Your Content
I Know Keyword Stuffing My Content Is Bad, Right?
OK, I’ll Avoid These Content Strategies. What Content Should I Create to Rank on Google?
- Search the keyword you want to rank for
- Analyse the top 10 results for your target keyword
- Identify the shared qualities of the top 10 pages (content length, depth of information, multimedia, similar topics covered, content format)
- Create content that covers their inclusions and adds your own unique value on top
How Long Should My Content Be?
What Should I Do If I Already Have Content on My Site?
Get Your NAP Right to Optimise for Local SEO
- Name (of your business)
- Phone number
Local SEO vs National SEO vs International SEO
- Local SEO
- International SEO
WARNING: Read on If You Want to Unlock More Advanced Optimisation Strategies
Header Tags Explained
How Many H1 Tags Do I Need per Page?
Individual Topic Title
Everything You Need to Know About Internal Links
Now It’s Time to Optimise Your Images
- Tiny PNG
- Image requires animating? Use a GIF
- Don’t need ultra high-resolution? Use JPEG
- Looking to keep ultra high-resolution? Use PNG
The Importance of Alt Text
A Quick Note on Image Sitemaps
How to Format Your Content to Make It Insanely Readable
- ✔ Text size: Avoid fonts below size 16 (anything smaller will be tough to read on mobile where the majority of people consume content).
- ✔ Text colour: There’s no one-size-fits-all for colour. The right colour is always in relation to the background of your webpage. Choose a colour that contrasts and is easy to read.
- ✔ Headings: Break your content up with subheadings (H2s) to help people skim content and find info quickly. The longer your content, the more subheadings you should include.
- ✔ Paragraphs: Walls of text will drive site visitors away. Aim for paragraphs of no more than 3-4 sentences to promote readability.
- ✔ Lists: Lists and bullet points are perfect for people skimming content and provide a creative way to break up a page and deliver quick, easily digestible information.
- ✔ Bold and italic font: When you scan a page, bolded words and italicised words stand out (see what we did there?). Avoid overusing this tactic, but the right use of font tweaks can help your message jump off the page.
- ✔ Multimedia: ⅓ of online activity is spent watching video content. When you add multimedia, which can be pictures as well as videos, you give people the type of content they crave.
How to Format Your Content to Earn a Featured Snippet
How to Optimise Your Title Tags
- a) Adding keywords to your title tags can help you rank for those terms
- b) Engaging title tags can convince people to click on your website (as opposed to skipping you and clicking on your competition)
What Makes a Well Optimised Title Tag
How to Optimise Your Meta Descriptions
What Makes a Well Optimised Meta Description?
How to Optimise Your URLs
You’re Halfway Through Digital Estate’s ‘Introduction to SEO’!!!
- You know how SEO works (and how local SEO works too)
- You know how Google crawls, indexes and ranks websites
- You know how to find and use keywords to appeal to Google and people
- You know how to optimise your content and website to be irresistible